|“The California labor movement looks forward to partnering with the governor to revive our economy and move us forward as a state.” Art Pulaski 1-31-11. California Labor Federation Executive Secretary-Treasurer Art Pulaski is the chief officer of the California Labor Federation, AFL-CIO. The Federation represents 2.1 million members of 1,200 manufacturing, transportation, construction, service and public sector unions.
Retirees, our pensions are under attack and Organized Labor is not doing anything about it. In fact, Organized Labor is bargaining our pensions away. The Union leadership in Wisconsin bragged about concessionary bargaining and how much they had given Gov. Walker. Art Pulaski, head of California AFL/CIO, can’t wait to “partner” with Jerry Brown: to do what? While our Labor leaders continue to support Obama, Obama denies Social Security recipients a cost of living increase for the second year in a row. Why isn’t Organized Labor reaching out to the retirees? Do our Labor leaders think that because we are retired we don’t care about what is happening?
The Banks and Wall Street did the crime and now retirees, the disabled, students, public workers and the unemployed must do the time?
The UNITED PUBLIC WORKERS FOR ACTION will fight for our pensions. Join us when we bring our grievances to the front door of AFL/CIO on April 9th at 9:30 a.m.
Rally At THE AFL/CIO WESTERN CONFERENCE APRIL 9 AT 9:30 AM UNTIL ?
OAKLAND AIRPORT HILTON, 1 Hegenberger Road
East Bay: 510-233-5820; San Francisco: 415-867-0628
- colorful? July 22, 2016
- Expressed July 22, 2016
- The Governor is using CAPS and PECG against all state workers September 14, 2015
- CAPS THE BUDGET AND LOW BALL BARGAINING January 9, 2015
- New Jersey, New York part of a national trend Northeastern US states seek to cut public worker pensions September 11, 2014
- 15,823 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- CalTrans: State's homeless policy bad for homeless, hurts workers too. A State Worker Speaks Out
- CA Harassment case raises questions about status of SEIU 1000 union activists on paid leav e-SEIU Pres Yvonne Walker Does Damage Control For Boyd "Walker said she “was overseeing a multimillion-dollar organization and it was her job to protect the organization. She ma de no mention of protecting Sherles. ... ”
- State Workers: Inflation vs COLA Year over Year
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Black workers
- By The Mad Scientist
- California Budget
- Class Struggle
- ILWU 21
- Inter-Union Organizing Committee
- State Worker Contract 2013
- union democracy
- United Public Workers for Action
- Wisconsin workers movement
- Workers Forum