Labor Day Sep 3rd 2012 Rally at Richmond CHEVRON
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 3- 10:00 AM
CHEVRON’S GATE Off Of Marine St. Exit on 580 next to Richmond Refinery Refinery
NATIONALIZE THE ENERGY INDUSTRY AND RUN IT UNDER LABOR & COMMUNITY CONROL!
· CHEVRON PROFIT WAS 26.9 BILLION LAST YEAR! YET THEY REFUSE: TO PROVIDE COMPENSATION FOR THE CONTAMINATION OF COMMUNITIES FROM RICHMOND TO THE AMAZON AND BEYOND.
· RESPONSIBILYT FOR EPIDEMICS OF ASTHMA AND CANCER CAUSED BY PLANT EMMISSIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL DESTRUCTION CAUSED BY OIL EXTRACTION IS EVADED TO KEEP THE PROFITS FLOWING.
· CARBON MONOXIDE, AMMONIA GAS, BENZENE, HYDROGEN SULFIDE, NITROGEN OXIDES, SULFER DIOXIDE, VOLIATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS AND MICROSCOPIC PARTICLES ARE REGULARLY EMITTED BY OIL REFINERIES!
· IN 2010 CHEVRON EMITTED 4.5 MILLION METRIC TONS OF GREEN HOUSE GASSES! SHELL IN MARTINEZ EMITTED 4.4 MILLION METRICT TONS!
· THE COMMUNITY WARNING SYSTEM IS DEFICIENT! THE LEAK STARTED AT 4:15 PM MANY HOMES CLOSE TO THE REFINERY WERE NOT WARNED UNTIL 9PM TWO HOUR PRIOR TO THE END OF THE SHELTER IN PLACE ORDER!
Chevron refuses to pay its fair share.
· Proposition 13 keeps their property taxes tied to 1978 land value.
· The courts overturned Proposition T
· Refuses to pay the same utility tax as average workers
Chevron’s wealth keeps us down. Our community suffers
· Joblessness, Poverty, crime, environmental destruction.
· Only 7% of Chevron workers are from the Richmond community!
· Lack of development, no jobs for our youth and deteriorating schools.
· Over crowded classes, underpaid and frustrated staff and teachers
Why should our communities suffer with this vast wealth in our backyard?
Expropriate Chevron and run it under democratic worker’s control!
No compensation to the big shareholders!
Use the seized assets to: fund education, provide jobs in clean energy development, and restore the environmental damage done at home and abroad by Chevron and its predecessors. Unionized Workers will impose the strictest maintenance and safety procedures and protect the environment because we live in the shadow of the refinery!
Chevron Richmond Refinery!
Time: 10am September 3rd 2012
Rally At Chevron September 3rd 10am
Enough is Enough!
End Dirty Energy Production!
Defend Public Education!
· Fully funded, free public education from preschool through graduate school and adult education
· Open admissions
· No privatization; no charter schools
· No union-busting
· End No Child Left Behind and Race to the Top
· Student, faculty, staff, parent, and working class community control over the entire public education system, from preK-12 through graduate school and adult education
Protect Jobs and Social Services!
· Full funding for all public and social services
· Restore all cuts and expand vital public programs
· No foreclosures
End War and Close Prisons!
· Money for jobs and education, not war and incarceration
Defend Immigrants’ Rights!
· Full citizenship rights for immigrants
· No ICE raids, no deportations
- colorful? July 22, 2016
- Expressed July 22, 2016
- The Governor is using CAPS and PECG against all state workers September 14, 2015
- CAPS THE BUDGET AND LOW BALL BARGAINING January 9, 2015
- New Jersey, New York part of a national trend Northeastern US states seek to cut public worker pensions September 11, 2014
- 15,823 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- CalTrans: State's homeless policy bad for homeless, hurts workers too. A State Worker Speaks Out
- CA Harassment case raises questions about status of SEIU 1000 union activists on paid leav e-SEIU Pres Yvonne Walker Does Damage Control For Boyd "Walker said she “was overseeing a multimillion-dollar organization and it was her job to protect the organization. She ma de no mention of protecting Sherles. ... ”
- State Workers: Inflation vs COLA Year over Year
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Black workers
- By The Mad Scientist
- California Budget
- Class Struggle
- ILWU 21
- Inter-Union Organizing Committee
- State Worker Contract 2013
- union democracy
- United Public Workers for Action
- Wisconsin workers movement
- Workers Forum